3D file format code for converters needed (VC++ )

Started by
5 comments, last by duthegma 22 years, 9 months ago
Hello. I need code or articles, whatever can help, on how to extract the 3D data from file formats(in order of importance) like .3ds, quake .map, and .md3 or less importantly, .md2, so I can program converters/loaders for each. I will be using MSVC++ 6, or possibly in some cases, BCB 5. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Advertisement
If anyone wants to save me a little time... Does anyone know a good convertor for 3DS MAX 4 to md3/md2, quake .map to .3ds, .3ds to .map, or amything inbetween you think may be of some help?
So much work to do, so little time...
search for a program called 3d exploration. it converts a lot of formats.

HHSDrum@yahoo.com
Polarisoft Home Page
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
I have it, I didn''t realise it can load .map files.. Either way, it only solves a few small problems for those who have it, I still need to program converters/loaders for .map files.

I thought there would be 3ds MAX 4 exporters for md2s, md3s, and other popular formats by now.
No one here knows how or where to find information on loading from those formats? And to think so many programs read them...
Perhaps you can find some info at www.wotsit.org?
Uh, try www.wotsit.org

-Mezz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement