• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alpha Blending

This topic is 6060 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sean, Good to see you back. I hope that your adventures with your parents were as wonderful as you expected But my question, how hard is it to get the Alpha Blending information from the MilkShape3D file. I haven''t looked into it really deap, but I''m trying to load up two models one the person, the other is an aura that goes around the person. So obviously I need alpha blending so that you can see the person. Well if you have any suggestions. I''m also finally able to buy a book on DirectX 8.0, but I don''t know which to buy. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
Heh, I had fun
Alpha blending is very simple to load from a MilkShape3D file. As soon as I write a tutorial on alpha blending, I''ll also write about integration of it into the Milkshape file loading. However, for a brief overview, MS stores two types of alpha information. One is an optional alpha map for materials, the other is the alpha in the colour values for a material. They''re both located right where''d you''d expect them to be, the alpha map filename right by the texture map filename and the alpha colour components with the red, green, and blue colour components. There''s lots of documentation in the SDK on actually implementing alpha blending. Hope this was helpful.

• Advertisement