• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zeblar Nagrim

3ds and 3DSMAX R3 problem

This topic is 6332 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I make a plane with 6 vertex (two triangels) and add a material to it with a bitmap it show up right in 3dsmax, but when I export it as a 3ds file and read the texcoords it´s 0.0 on every vertex! I have two faces. Real Texcoords for triangle 1 and 2: {0.0,0.0}, {0.0,1.0}, [1.0,0.0} {0.0,1.0}, {1.0,1.0}, {1.0,0.0} Texcoords on my plane exported from 3dsmax as a 3ds file: {0.0,0.0}, {0.0,0.0}, {0.0,0.0} {0.0,0.0}, {0.0,0.0}, {0.0,0.0} WHY! Why! Oh no! nooooooooooooooooo! (I hate 3dsmax) Zeblar Nagrim, Lord of Chaos

Advertisement
Did you check the box that says ''Generate mapping coordinates'' in the plane modifiers?

That might be a problem if not.

Personally I think the 3ds exporter that comes with Max sucks. lol. That''s why I wrote my own so atleast I know the limitations ahead of time.

Seeya
Krippy

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!