Pre-rendered gfx Interest

Started by
1 comment, last by dachande 22 years, 9 months ago
Hey, I''m here to do a little research, hopefully you guys can help me out. I simply need the answers to a few questions. If your happy to do this, please stick around. Firstly, do you believe that there is still an interest in games using pre-rendered backgrounds? For instance, and RPG like Final Fantasy 7-9, a horror like Resident Evil 1-3, or perhaps even an mmorpg with pre-rendered bg''s? Do you think that they are dead, or do you still think that pre-renders cut it? Does everything need to be fully 3d to catch the gamers eye, or is a mix of the two (such as pre renders with 3d characters/items) acceptable? I am interested in finding out your views on this, Thank you for your time, Dachande
Advertisement
I still enjoy FF style views. I didn''t like Resident Evil views though -- too hard to see where to shoot.

Jack
If you are talking about what I think you are, then yes, prerendered backgrounds are great. They allow for higher quality backdrops on which the rest of the world is placed.

In a lot of places in Zelda:Ocarina of time, for example, there are stunning looking-prerendered, scenes, such as towns, in which the real-time rendered charactors roam.

Although it does cause for less freedom of view, it looks very good if done properly.

Drakonite

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
Shoot Pixels Not People

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement