Same Computer Multiplayer Game Suggestions

Started by
8 comments, last by GameCreator 14 years, 6 months ago
Hi all. Some friends and I are planning on starting up game nights. Can you suggest some games that support 4 players on the same computer (either split screen gameplay or multiple characters on the same screen)? I would be playing off the keyboard, they with USB controllers. I'm looking for anything fun, whether it be racing or FPS or anything else. I prefer newer games but if the game is a few years old, that's fine (as long as it supports USB controls). The only thing that comes to mind right now is Worms. Thanks!
Advertisement
I have no idea on any games that do this. I assume that most of these types of games are on consoles.

Anywho, Worms Armageddon (or other Worms games) are always fun.
If you enjoy turn based strategy/tactics, there is always there Heroes of Might and Magic series. The recent ones supported hot-seat multiplayer.
Quite a few emulators will support USB joysticks. Maybe get an arcade machine emulator and get some old school multiplayer gaming on the go?
I hate it when people reply to my posts with something completely opposite from what I asked. For example if I ask how to make Windows run faster, some jackass always says "use Linux". However I'm gonna do pretty much the same thing right now.

Since you have people physically coming over, why not play a physical game? Like cards or a board game. When most people think 'board game' they think Monopoly. But actually Monopoly is one of the most boring board games that exist. There are tons of games out there that are extremely fun. Go to a specialty game store and find something fun!

You can play computer games over the internet, and in fact most of the best ones are mean to be played that way. Otherwise get an xbox with 4 controllers :)
i agree. Board games. Poker. Warhammer 40k. Or get a console / emulators. PC games suck for house parties.
Me and a friend played Braid (Lost Vikings anyone? :D) recently - he was on a USB game controller and I played on the keyboard. Was a lot of fun after we got the controls down (which took around 15 minutes to get used to). Until we reached the last level, that is.
Thanks for the suggestions. Physical games aren't ruled out. I have nothing against card games, especially when drinking is involved. Emulators are also definitely not ruled out.

Any racing or FPS suggestions in this genre? I have fond memories of playing N64 Perfect Dark 4-player at a friend's place. Would love to do similar at mine.
Quote:Original post by GameCreator
Any racing ... suggestions ...?

Lotus - you'll probably need DosBox for this one, though.
Thanks. Does DOSBox support USB controllers?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement