• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Semi-translucent bitmap overlays

This topic is 6061 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is it possible to place a 2d bitmap (say a sketchdrawn map) across the whole screen, whilst looking at a 3d world in either quake or unreal? So for example, I'm walking around a maze and I hit space, and a sketchmap appears in front of me - so I can see the 3d world and the map filling the whole screen at the same time? If it is possible - how? Thanks Tim Edited by - timgradwell on July 20, 2001 7:51:53 AM

Advertisement
Umm, just draw it one the screen I guess . If the question is about how you can make it transperent, then I''m not sure, because I don''t know what programming tools you are using. In Allegro draw_sprite function automaticly ignores pixels that have the rpg value of (255,0,255) (violet). I''m sure there is a function of that kind in most APIs. If you are using double buffering , it''ll be really easy. Just draw the map sprite on the buffer after drawing the 3d world on it...

• Advertisement