Power Render 3 Update

Started by
3 comments, last by ChrisE 24 years, 7 months ago
Hi Chris,
I wait with Eager anticipation the next beta release.

I also look forward to checking out your updated site, I have recently discovered the joys of flash 4 and will be setting up my own site within the next 2 months (time permitting)

Also FYI, I am writing a modified Terrain Engine for work that should be able to load DTM files, and display using an adaptive realtime LOD algorithm. (A modified version of the ROAM algo) This should take quite a while, but no reason I cant post it to you when complete. (They want to be able to show detail down to 1m x 1m squares, encompassing data grids up to 1024x1024 & beyond)

Cheers
Darrin

Advertisement
Hi
The reflection pics look really good.
Is it possible to use Bump-Mapping on all the 3d-card, or just the new ones?

------------------
Pinky.
ICQ 42026534

Pinky.
ICQ 42026534
From what I understand, the bump-mapping only works on the G400 currently.

If future hardware supports it, then PR will be able to use bump-mapping on it.

The final beta should be ready sometime this week. I have all the examples and utilities ready, although a couple of examples will not be finished by the time it's released. I plan on working on them in the future and release the sources on the web site.

There is a new screenshot of the outdoor example at www.egerter.com/q2/newland1.jpg.
It shows off reflections using bump mapping.

I'm in the final stages (putting it all on a CD with a proper installer). After that I'm going on a little vacation and will be back to update the entire web site (Flash 4 enhanced).

Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
Dear Chris,

Good to hear that PR3 would be ready in form.
Have a nice Holiday!

Cheers,
Nat

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement