• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Andy474

[Blender, XNA] Loading Models into XNA

This topic is 3173 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, not sure if this is a problem with me loading models into XNA or exporting them with Blender. I am using the effect supplied by Reimer's XNA tutorials. and load them in using this method aswell; Basically, I created a Plane in Blender and added a texture, I then Exported this in the .fbx format into XNAContent and built. But at runtime I only get a white or black plane(depending on which Effect.CurrentTechnique i use). So the problem is there is no Texture. I have checked the .fbx file and the Relativepath : is set to the correct Location .... is there another path I need, or do I have to set the Texture to draw on the Object at runtime? [edit] Ok, after further inspection, I think Blender is not saving the Texture to the .x or .fbx file. I Created a .x File of the same thing. and it was a white square. So, i think im not adding the texture right (UVMapping) Does anyone know of any good tutorials that can show me how to do this properly? i was following StromCode

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!