MakeHuman

Started by
4 comments, last by warhound 14 years, 6 months ago
Alright, as some of you may or may not know, I have been using MakeHuman for character design. There's only one problem so far, and that is that the object is, well, just one object. I mean that there's no limbs, or anything to manipulate in other softwares. At least the mesh exported doesn't seem to have any limbs.....does anyone have any suggestions?

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Advertisement
What formats does it support?
You could import the model into Blender, which is a free 3D-software that can be used to add bones and animate meshes.
Oh okay, I can do that in Blender. I definitely know how to import it inot Blender. I just never got around to figuring out Blender. In that case, how do I add the bones? Thanks for your help!

There are many tutorials for it, start for example here. Google has a lot of results, for skeletal animation, skinning, and bones, for blender tutorials.
It all depends on what version of bender you are using as well, as their support of armatures has changed drastically from version to version.
Alright, cool, this would work. Also, I've heard a bit about a software called character shop, how does it work? And is it of any use? Or should I stick with the good ol' Blender approach?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement