• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
seamal

xact

This topic is 3265 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im trying to open the cross platform audio creation tool but it refuses to open i tried the march 2009 DX sdk uninstalled it and then tried to august 2009 version but neither will open, i click on it and the boz saying this program has stopped working appears, its driving me nuts I have Vista ( always a pain) I do have the .net 1.1 and the 3.5 (vist comes with 2.0 built in) can anyone help me?

Advertisement
I got a little bit further

I tried debugging the error in booting XACT application, gotta love visual studio

anyway it came up with this message

An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException' occurred in Xact3.exe

Additional information: The type initializer for 'XACTGui.XACTUtility' threw an exception.

i looked at the application in the .net2 administrator tool and that wasnt in the list but then again im not sure its supposed to be :)

if anyone can shed further light on this it would be helpful

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!