• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BigBangCpp

Question for model morph

This topic is 3173 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone,i am make a avatar system by ogre recentlly,i use ogre engine and make the implement of change cloth,attach entitys to bone(particle,billboard,model,etc..). I have a problem with some funtion,how can I adjust the bone to make model fat or thin,when i set scale of one bone ,some bone attach to this bone will also take the effect. Take the Reference of realXtend 's avatar system, they use the morphModifier to make that,so anyone can tell me the detail of the morph of make the effect? Thanks!

Advertisement
My way is use vertexBuffer to make the part of body bigger or smaller than other part of the body,but this is not the right way to make model "fat",can anyone have some idea about this?

Apply a scale transform to each bones' matrix prior to skinning.

If your bones are designed in a way so that the Z axis points down the bone, then put your scaling on the X and Y axis of the matrix (i.e. scale the first 3 elements of the 0th and 1st matrix columns)

Thanks Exorcist.
But if i want to make the thing like this:everyone knows GTA:SA,the player's role eat a lot of food ,he will become fat,it will change the body shape in game for realtime.I have try the morph animation,but it doesn't works well.Is there some way to achieve this goal?

Model morphing means every vert in the first mesh is the exact target index in the second mesh, this is the only way to make it possible.

You can store 2 hipoly head models, and tween realtime up to a million verts, as long as the indices match up youll get a linear morph.

Im going to be doing that for my facial animation.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!