• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Deliverance

Microsoft VS 2008 does not build incrementally

This topic is 3268 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have this kind of medium sized project i'm working on and i do not know what i have done but, now everytime i press build MS VS 2008 builds the project from scratch. This is annoying because it akes a few minutes to build it all over again. I tried other projects and it compiles without recompiling all the project. What could be wrong here? EDIT: I also recreated the project and added all the files, but it still the full rebuild still happens, maybe it is something with the code?

Advertisement
It's probablly got to do with the "last write" time on some of the files. If they get set into the future, Visual Studio will think they've been modified every time. If there's not too many, you can manually look through explorer, or it might be simpler to write a little python/c# script to reset them all back.

Quote:
Original post by Codeka
It's probablly got to do with the "last write" time on some of the files. If they get set into the future, Visual Studio will think they've been modified every time. If there's not too many, you can manually look through explorer, or it might be simpler to write a little python/c# script to reset them all back.

Thank you so much, that was it. I used Total CMD to change the attributes of all files. Now i remember that last night i reverted the date because it was some days forward and move it backwards, but the files we're already modified/created with the forward date. Anyway, now it is solved an i am happy to code again :D.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!