MultiPlayer Game Programming (Straight Sockets)

Started by
0 comments, last by Xorcist 22 years, 9 months ago
Anyone know a good book, and I stress book (I''m not looking for any online tutorials), that covers how to implement a multiplayer game using sockets. I want to try and stay away from DirectPlay as that won''t help me anywhere but in Windows. I was considering purchasing the book "MultiPlayer Game Programming" by Todd Barron & Andre Lamothe, which is supposed to cover sockets as well as DirectPlay, but I get the feeling there''s more focus on DirectPlay than straight sockets. Any advice and or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisement
As I haven''t read Muliplayer Game Programming, I can''t really say if it''s good or not and contains the information you want. But I do know that all the people that I know who have read it thinks it''s one of the best programming books, even if you want to learn sockets =)

I''m sure LostLogic ( aka author of said book ) over at the Multiplayer and Network Programming Forum will be glad to help you with more information about the book''s content, and any other network related questions.

Hope I''ve helped.

------------------
It''s me again!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement