• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
djnicotine

Can any Maya users help me out please?

This topic is 3346 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm somewhat new to Maya, because I haven't used it in a couple years, but I know Maya shouldn't be acting this way... I reinstalled Maya 7.0 for the first time in 2 years, using my last license for my serial number available on this computer (so I REALLY need to get this to work, its very urgent). I open up Maya and everything seems to be working fine in wireframe mode, until I switched to smooth-shade. If i press 5 or 6 to change the shading mode Maya doesn't shade the objects, instead it makes them white or black and changes the color unexpectedly when I use the move or any other tool. Here's a vid of the problem in action: http://www.phyer.com/nickd/WHYYY.swf Is there a file I should reinstall/replace or are there settings off that I'm not aware of? ANY HELP AT ALL is appreciated, I really need to get Maya up and running normally again! Thanks, Nick

Advertisement
I know you have probablt tried this already but I will say it anyway for others benefit... "try updating your graphics drivers".

Otherwise, I could suggest another install. What are your rig specs?

Is your window in High Quality Rendering mode? I have similar trouble when I turn it on :S

When i TRY to use high quality rendering it gives me the warning, "Warning: High Quality Rendering mode is not supported by the graphics card. Switching to default rendering mode".... Is there ANYTHING I can do? Im on a mac so changing graphics cards isn't an option. Im pretty much screwed aren't I? And how do I find out my rig specs?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!