• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Scott Snyder

Slimdx : xaudio2.seteffectschain()

This topic is 3258 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Unless I'm missing it entirely, there is no method defined in the Slimdx.xaudio2 library for "seteffectschain()" which applies the XAUDIO2_EFFECT_CHAIN struct filled with XAUDIO_EFFECT_DESCRIPTOR struct(s) to the SubmixVoice. And, while I can create my own struct objects, it would be very nice to have these defined as part of the Xaudio2 namespace. For XAUDIO_EFFECT_DESCRIPTOR it may be required, as the non-managed version requires a pointer as the first structure field - pointer to an effect created with the XAPOFX.CreateFX() method. Since XAOPFX is not included in SlimDX either, it appears that audio filters and dsp such as Reverb are not supported. (Although I can GET effect information, and SET effect params, I can't actually set the effects chain on the voice). Is this true? If so - consider this a request. If not - I'd be much obliged if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks - and hello, I'm new. :) --Scott

Advertisement
From the SlimDX source:

// TODO: Implement the following method. Unfortunately, this will involve implementing
// almost all of XAPO, which will be a complete pain in the neck. Let's wait until
// someone complains :)
//Result SetEffectChain( EffectChain^ effectChain );

You're the first one to bring it up [grin] File an issue on our issue tracker and we'll work on getting it done for the next release.

I am also interested in this. I was setting up some 3d sounds in SlimDX and I noticed that the reverb bit was entirely missing. Anyway I have been messing with the source and it does not look that bad -- I mean to get the built-in (3d reverb and XAPOFX) stuff working without actually implementing custom XAPOs (Who's idea was it to use COM for XAPO anyway?).

I am not super good with c++/cli but I am willing to contribute either on the implementation or in samples and tests if the project is looking for that kind of thing.

Quote:
Original post by Mike.Popoloski
From the SlimDX source:
*** Source Snippet Removed ***

You're the first one to bring it up [grin] File an issue on our issue tracker and we'll work on getting it done for the next release.

Go me! :)

Sorry for being newbish - but do I need to do anything with the issue tracker? Or is this already done? I'm very interested in seeing this released, as controlling dynamic effects is the whole point of my exercise. :)

Thanks.

You could star the issue, which is theory is supposed to let us known that you're interested in it. You could also add a comment. But you don't really have to do either of those things.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!