Detecting VRAM of your card?

Started by
1 comment, last by Koobazaur 14 years, 6 months ago
Is there any way to detect the VRAM of my video card in-code? All the googling and searching leads me to a "no" thus far, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask just in case. I noticed that when I go to the DirectX SDK's Caps Viewer and look under the DirectDraw Devices / Primary Display Driver / Memory / Video (Local), it reports exactly 268435456 Bytes (256MB), which is the same as my card. I am not sure how accurate that is, though (and it would require me to init DirectDraw just to check it, ugh!) Any thoughts?
Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...
Advertisement
Yes there are several ways to find out. In the DirectX SDK there's a sample that demonstrates the different techniques. It's located in the Samples\C++\Misc\VideoMemory path from the SDK directory.
Ahahaha, damn, didnt think of looking into the samples. Would have helped if the whole internet wasn't screaming it's impossible, heh. Thanks a bunch!
Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement