• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Delong

Turba (puzzle/music game): 2nd Beta Available

This topic is 3349 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Binary Takeover has just released the second beta for our game, Turba. It can be downloaded through our blog: Download From Blog We're trying to get some last minute feedback before we enter into the IGF in two weeks, so any comments or email (TurbaGame@gmail.com) you write would be appreciated!

Advertisement
On the technical side:

TURBA.EXE was detected as a keylogger by my antivirus (Kasparsky Anti-Virus 2009.) This is probably not the signal you want to send :)

When viewing the link you posted, the right-hand side image/game description is cut of so I can't read the text. Firefox 3.5.3 running at 1280x1024.

About gameplay:

Seem pretty solid. I found that there was generally too little time in each play session. It was mostly a scrample, trying to spot the combos before time ran out, with no real tactic or forethought. But then again, these kind of puzzle games are not really my thing, so I might just be bad :) I only tried with the built in songs.

I never got the hang of drag-select. I couldn't figure out whether it was a box selection, or the tiles touch by the cursor. It just felt a bit unintuitive. But I instinctivly used it all the time because it's faster than clicking, which lead to some unintended black boxes.

Good luck in IGF, I think you have a solid entry here.

Wow that is the first time that anyone has reported the .exe showing as a virus O.O. I really have no idea what is up with that =\.

When you drag your cursor into a block with left click, it will select or deselect a block. It is like just clicking on a block, but as you said much faster. There is an interactive tutorial that goes over the basic mechanics as well. What mode were you playing? I like Ascend the best personally.

And thanks for wishing us luck!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!