• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EmrldDrgn

Tiled (the map editor) Plugin

This topic is 3263 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has anyone here tried to write a plugin for Tiled before? I decided to give it a try because I figured it'd be a nice middle ground between using an existing editor and format (have to write to their format, which may not be appropriate for my game) and writing an entire editor myself (too much work =P). I read the tutorial on their website and I'm having some trouble, so it'd be really nice to talk to someone who's done this before. So if you have experience in writing Tiled plugins, and some free time on your hands, would you mind giving me some assistance? For the record, the problem I'm having is that whenever I try to save a map file in my map format, I get "Error in saving [filepath]: null", where [filepath] is where I try to save it. Not a lot of useful information, I know... Thank you!

Advertisement
I tried that as well and failed. I am also semi comfortable with Java, so it was very disappointing to see I couldn't do it.

What I did was just write a converter. If you remove their compression, it's just xml. But if you're comfortable using compression methods, you can simply uncompress their maps. It's up to you.

I got it to work :D. Would have been easier if I *really* knew Java. I basically just line-by-line changed code from the Lua plugin until it worked.

Thanks for the response!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!