• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Antonym

Image tracing/Pixels inside contour

This topic is 3266 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello I am trying to trace an image. Right now I am using the marching squares algorithm to perform this. I was wondering if there was a better/faster method of doing this. Second question. Once I have the image traced I want to create two copies of the direct3d texture, one with only the pixels inside the contour alphaed out and one with only the ones outside alphaed out. Right now the way I determine this is by testing each pixel to se if it's inside the contour polygon or not. I've also tried a search algorithm. Starting by adding one of the contour pixels to an openList, then getting the first element(pixel) in the openList and removing it from the list and texture while adding all non-alpha adjacent pixels to the openList, then repeating until openList is empty. Both methods seem too slow.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!