• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zenroth

DirectGraphics Darker?

This topic is 6232 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well I finally took the time to try an update some of my engines and older works from DX7 to DX8 , I also ditched directdraw for direct3d, everything is working ok other than diectinput. However I am using bmps and when displayed through direct3d they come out darker and with less color element it would seem. They work fine using directdraw....... Is this just from me using a bad format like bmp with direct3d? Anyways let me know if anyone has ran into this as its quite annoying, but otherwise I rather like alpha blending and rotation/scaling in hardware Oh and by the way this is on a Geforce 2 mx card dont know if it makes much a differnce but there ya go. Thank You

Advertisement
How are you displaying the bitmaps on the screen? Are you using the ID3DXSprite interface or just rendering your own textured quads? If the latter, how are you doing the colour? Are you using a material or per-vertex colour? Either way, you can just change the first texture op to select just the texture instead of modulating it with the colour, or alternatively you could just make sure the colour is always white.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Counter-Strike is darker if you use DX instead of OGL, so it isn''t just you.

Happened to me too, blitting a bitmap to the back buffer using Direct Draw7 (no d3d at all).

Anyone any ideas on why this occurs?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!