• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
murdock

Looking to upgrade on minimal budget..looking for suggestions

This topic is 3343 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I currently have a socket 754 AMD Sempron 3100+ system. The problem that I am running into is that I don't have a good enough graphics card to play semi modern games(Red Alert 3 being the game of interest). I have about $100 extra right now and by looking online I can upgrade to a new motherboard which has a PCIe 16x slot and still use the rest of my older hardware. My question is this. By just upgrading the video card without upgrading everything else am I going to experience a bottleneck with the rest of my hardware and will it be a significant bottleneck? The rest of the system consists of 700 w psu 2 gb DDR ram 2 Sata HDDs 300 gb & 500 gb HP DVD RW So what do you guys think?

Advertisement
Tough call. If you could save up another $100 or so and get some sort of dual-core processor I imagine it would vastly help things as well.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!