C++ IDE's?

Started by
10 comments, last by Lothia 14 years, 6 months ago
Quote:Original post by marcoose777
Visual Studio pro and your a beginner? Good luck, eclipse is just as darn heavy. My experience as a noob has been to try these, and to give up and plum for either Code::Blocks (open GL works out the box) or DevC++ bloodshed. These two are all you need to learn, sometimes the biggies have too many bells and whistles that confuse rather than inform. DevC++ also has a handy package manager for installing libraries, a lot easier than downloading sources and building them for your system!!! When you beome NoobSaibot of the developer world then you do VS pro or eclipse. My experience of C++ and eclipse was bad by the may. Lame dog springs to mind, hint its intended for PHP and java.
Marcoose777

(The opinionated one)

Bloodshed is dead. Its packages aren't maintained nor is it safe to use them because a mallicious package could overwrite data from you without noticing.

Quote:Original from Bloodshed.net
February 21th 2005 : Dev-C++ 5 Beta 9.2 (4.9.9.2) released !

That's the newest version.

I know there is an updated version of it which includes a visual designer with wxwidgets but it uses at its heart the same outdated IDE.

Don't use it.
Advertisement
I already knew that DevC++ was dead, Visual Assist X I will have to look into.
Thanks for the information on how I should be able to get C++ to work in Eclipse I will try that during my open time today and let you know if I have any stupid problems which tend to come when I do things.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement