• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
CoolProgrammer

[web] Web programming

This topic is 3347 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been learning PHP over the last few months and have been working on a website for work. It's all written using html, php, and a little javascript. It has a photo gallery, which has categories and picture descriptions. So it looks like this: Category 1 --------------- | | | picture 1 | picture 2, and so on | | --------------- Category 2 picture Category 3 picture And when you hover the mouse over a picture, it shows its description if it has one. And, when you click an image, it will pop up a new windows with a large view of the picture. The window uses javascript to resize to the size of the picture, and the picture category and description are showed under the picture. I wrote an administrator page to add/remove categories, pictures, and edit descriptions. Also, the home page has a javascript cross-fade image slideshow, and 4 javascript slideshows where the images fly in. It is a site for a cabinet and countertop company, so there are different pages, such as one for kitchens, bathrooms, commercial, etc. I wrote one page to handle them all, and it loads the content from a mySql database. I'm wondering what I should get paid. I have spent a lot of time(almost a month) programming all of the code. I looked around a little bit and found having a website designed and programmed for you usually cost's thousands of dollars. Even a basic site cost $2000 i saw... So if anyone would know what to ask, that would help.

Advertisement
Where are you from?

What's considered expensive in my country would be cheap in say, UK.

In all honesty it sounds like a simple site, most of your time was probably spent learning. Somebody with a lot of experience could finish it in under a week.

If you really have no idea, try to find website companies from your area and see what their prices are. Or even make a price enquiry by e-mail, as if you are thinking about ordering a similar site from them.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!