How to start practising?

Started by
1 comment, last by hank 22 years, 9 months ago
Hi, i''m relatively new to programming ... although i''ve learned c++ since february 2000 ... i bought a book about basic c++ ... but after doing all that example exercises i don''t know where to start with a real programming project as i don''t have much experience. are there any good tutorials on the net that show me the basic development of a complete little game, or do i have to buy a book an that because it''s still too much for a tut? i just don''t know where to start and what''s too big for beginning and i want to take some experiences especially for continue programming... and to rise the programming fun by completing something . i''m using linux all the day so it should be working with linux, too..... thank you for any help
Advertisement
Hey hank, well, if you know the basics, then you could either buy some kind of book, or do a search on say google for game programmign tutorials. There is a great site at development.freeservers.com or somethin I think with tutorials for all sorts of programming. But i''d try a search. Another good site is www.cprogramming.com good luck!
http://www.labino.net
Hey Hank. My advice would be to stick to the basics, start out small. Try a simple 2D side scroller or a tetris clone, or a brickout clone - just cause everyone else does it doesn''t mean you should, it means it''s an easy way to start off, which is true. Any simple game will teach you the basics you can build on, graphics, sound, control, etc. Scour the web for article, in fact you can start right here! Even if you can''t find a full article on building a game, you can easily piece things together from various sources. After drying up this site head over to Flipcode for more. Good luck.

==============================
"Need more eeenput..."
- #5, "Short Circuit"
==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement