IE errors cause VC++ debugger to start up!

Started by
5 comments, last by simulator 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi- How to I get the VC++ not to start up when internet explorer crashes (which it does quite frequently) Its so annoying- takes a long time to load up etc. Have checked the options etc- can''t find out how. Does anyone know?? Thanx
Advertisement
thats strange, cause what happens with mine is that it says INTERNET EXPLORER HAS CAUSED AN ERROR IN so and so.EXE
then it has two buttons that say CANCEL and DEBUG
Yeah, that doesn''t happen to me either...what anonymous said happens to me...must be some sort of option
it usually give me the option of Abort, Retry, Cancel, where Retry starts the debugger... it used to give Debug or Cancel, but that disappeared for some strange reason, maybee it was a servive pack update? anyway you could try going to tools/options/debug and unchecking just-in-time debugging if you didnt need it.
Hi & Thanks- I turned off the just-in-time debugging- hopefully that''ll work. Im on NT and service pack 6- just get 2 buttons- ok & cancel and each one brings up the debugger. Anyway, will have to wait till the next time it crashes (which wont be long ! haha)

Thanx
I''m really glad that doesn''t happen to me. MSIE crashes on me at least twice a day.
lol, hi

It worked by the way: turning off the just in time debugging. Dr Watson now comes up as usual

Thanx!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement