Looking to get a degree in Game Development

Started by
11 comments, last by kevinb 14 years, 3 months ago
As far as I know, the only exception to the "game schools not respected" rule is Digipen. Digipen was the first game development school that I am aware of, as they got started back in the Super Nintendo days. It is notoriously hard to get in to though.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by jackolantern1
As far as I know, the only exception to the "game schools not respected" rule

There are several game schools that have good reputations. That doesn't mean that every wannabe HAS to go to one of those schools, or that that's even the best way for most to go.
MANY factors need to be taken into consideration, not only rep.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Gal, have you considered getting a computer programming degree? The courses that are taught as a part of a computer programming degree program are sufficient to get your foot in the door. You get to know languages like C, C++ and JAVA for game development. Computer programming degrees like the ones offered by CCSD help you develop a strong foundation in C, C++ and JAVA. Not only that, but going ahead this would also broaden your career scope since you have the flexibility to switch careers. Check out the computer programming degree offered by CCSD. I am sure that it would meet your requirements.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement