• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarsuGL

DirectInput and my input class...

This topic is 6204 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, i have played around with nehe''s lesson about direct input7 But i have worked on a class (it''s just the beginning of the work ) i have made the choice of include the Buffer as a private member of my input class, and to test is a key is pressed i call a method that use GetDeviceState(...) and then to test eack key i call an other method that is looking the buffer to see if the key has been pressed and that works : if (myinput->IsPressed(DIK_ESCAPE)) // Is ESC Being Pressed? { TerminateApplication (g_window); // Terminate The Program } the question is : is the IsPressed() call a good way to do or is it slow ? because this function is called often, should i continue to use this ? the code for people which want it (unfinished): Dominique ____________________________________ header ------- #ifndef __INPUT_HEADER__ #define __INPUT_HEADER__ #include class Cinput { public: Cinput(); ~Cinput(); int DI_Init(HINSTANCE hInstance,HWND hWnd); void GrabState(); int IsPressed(int key); void DX_End(); private: LPDIRECTINPUT7 g_DI; LPDIRECTINPUTDEVICE7 g_KDIDev; BYTE buffer[256]; }; #endif -------------------------cpp file------------------------ #include "Cinput.h" Cinput::Cinput() { g_DI=0; g_KDIDev=0; } Cinput::~Cinput() { } int Cinput::DI_Init(HINSTANCE hInstance,HWND hWnd) { // Create Direct Input if ( DirectInputCreateEx(hInstance, // Window Instance DIRECTINPUT_VERSION, // Direct Input Version IID_IDirectInput7, // Version 7 (void**)&g_DI, // Direct Input NULL ) ) // NULL Parameter { return(false); // Couldn''t Initialize Direct Input } // Create The Keyboard Device if ( g_DI->CreateDeviceEx( GUID_SysKeyboard, // Define Which Device Tto Create (KeyBoard,Mouse,or Joystick) IID_IDirectInputDevice7, // Version 7 (void**)&g_KDIDev, // KeyBoard Device NULL ) ) // NULL Parameter { return(false); // Couldn''t Create The Keyboard Device } // Set The Keyboard Data Format if ( g_KDIDev->SetDataFormat(&c_dfDIKeyboard) ) { return(false); // Could Not Set The Data Format } // Set The Cooperative Level if ( g_KDIDev->SetCooperativeLevel(hWnd, DISCL_FOREGROUND | DISCL_EXCLUSIVE) ) { return(false); // Could Not Set The Cooperative Level } if (g_KDIDev) // Did We Create The Keyboard Device? g_KDIDev->Acquire(); // If So, Acquire It else // If Not return(false); // Return False return(true); // Everything Ok, Return True } void Cinput::GrabState() { HRESULT hr = g_KDIDev->GetDeviceState(sizeof(this->buffer), &this->buffer); } int Cinput::IsPressed(int key) { return this->buffer[key] & 0x80; } void Cinput::DX_End() { if (g_DI) { if (g_KDIDev) { g_KDIDev->Unacquire(); g_KDIDev->Release(); g_KDIDev = NULL; } g_DI->Release(); g_DI = NULL; } }

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!