I need a Utah Teapot!

Started by
8 comments, last by gameovercl 22 years, 9 months ago
Hi there! This may sound moronic, but I need a Utah Teapot model like the one used by GLUT. I don''t care about the format (x, 3ds, etc). I have found a lot of Utah Teapot models around, but none of them has texture coordinates, as the one of GLUT has. So, if someone has such a model, with texture coordinates, please give me the link or e-mail me at ramirez2@entelchile.net. Thanks in advance! Cristián Ramírez (gameovercl) ICQ #38991565 Viña del Mar CHILE
Advertisement
umm, I don''t want to seem rude.. but why don''t you use the one Glut has? Or are you using DX? Perhaps you could bust open the Glut source distribution and check out where that teapot is comming from, because it IS in the source.. unless ''the teapot'' is standard part of OpenGL

CodeSmith the Pixel Pusher
www.cs.trinity.edu/~csmith8
CodeSmith the Pixel PusherCodeSmith Webpage
You're right; I could use GLUT. But I'm making all my applications with pure WIN32 API (and OpenGL, of course).
This is part of a project about the history of 3D computer generated images. And the Utah Teapot was one of the first models ever made (some students at the University of Utah made it by hand, on 1975).
And yes; I have searched the GLUT source code, but with no luck.

Stupid situation, don't you think?

Cristián Ramírez (gameovercl)
ICQ #38991565
Viña del Mar
CHILE

Edited by - gameovercl on July 21, 2001 10:08:49 PM
3DSMax has the teapot as a standard primitive with texture coords. You can even specify the degree of tesselation. Just export it as .3ds or similar. If you don''t own Max, I can send you the 3ds file.

Jonathan

To the "Anonymous Poster":

I don''t have 3DS MAX
Could you please send me the file at ramirez2@entelchile.net (as *.3ds)?
About the degree of tesselation, try to keep it like the model that GLUT uses.

Thanks a lot!

ICQ #38991565
Viña del Mar
CHILE
Try taking a look at the Glut source file called glut_teapot.c. This has the coordinates as well as the rendering code in it. You need the full Glut source archive, not just the headers.
I have 3ds max. Hold up and I''ll try to get you a model file.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
Here, let me know if it needs to be different in any way. But I won''t be checking the forums much. If it''s important, contact me via e-mail at: alexb@a-tronic.com
Here''s the address of the file, in 3ds format:

http://www.a-tronic.com/downloads/teapot.3ds

Alex Broadwin
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
Thank you very much ATronic!

(but you made me suffer, because I couldn''t download the file until I change the name from "teapot.3ds" to "teapot.3DS")

Thanks again!

ICQ #38991565
Viña del Mar
CHILE
Sorry about the case sensitive issue. Oops, didn''t think of it. Ah well, glad I could help.

Alex Broadwin
-----

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement