Whats is a polyhedron??

Started by
3 comments, last by TheBlackJester 22 years, 9 months ago
Hey, I''ve heard the term Polyhedron used alot, mostly is respect to BSP and Octrees. I''m not sure what they are or their difference between polygons. Help?

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: [email=darkswordtbj@hotmail.com]TheBlackJester[/email]Team: Wildfire Games
Projects O A.D.The Last Alliance

Advertisement
Answer: http://www.google.com/ Put Polyhedron in the search box and hit go. What I''m saying is, did you even try to find out yourself. No you didn''t. I just looked and found a place with an answer in about 10 seconds.
So instead of givin him a hard time why didnt you take the extra 10 seconds to cut and paste what you found?

Seeya
Krippy

Edited by - krippy2k on July 22, 2001 1:39:35 AM
Straight from dictionary.com :

"pol·y·he·dron (pl-hdrn)
n. pl. pol·y·he·drons or pol·y·he·dra (-dr)
A solid bounded by polygons.

-------------------------------------------
poly·hedral adj.

-----------------------------------------

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

-----------------------------------------------

polyhedron \Pol`y*he"dron\, n.; pl. E. Polyhedrons., L. Polyhedra. [NL., fr. Gr. ? with many seats or sides; poly`s many + ? a seat or side: cf. F. poly[`e]dre.] 1. (Geom.) A body or solid contained by many sides or planes.

2. (Opt.) A polyscope, or multiplying glass.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

---------------------------------------------

polyhedron n : a solid figure bounded by plane polygons or faces
Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University"

Edited by - LordElectro on July 22, 2001 2:15:02 AM
BetaShare - Run Your Beta Right!
Thank you!

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: [email=darkswordtbj@hotmail.com]TheBlackJester[/email]Team: Wildfire Games
Projects O A.D.The Last Alliance

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement