• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
eflatmajor

Straight Projection

This topic is 3159 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a way to have directx not project? as in a create a world with a flat square and it will project a flat square of the same size onto my screen no matter how far away from it I am. IN short i want to make a directdraw program using direct3d because i have no idea whats happening in directdraw. Its pretty nitpicky and ive tried turning projection to 90 degrees calculating positions but for some reason my vertical lines are very slightly slanted

Advertisement
Assuming you are using the programmable pipeline, you can use an orthographic projection instead of a perspective projection. See the functions D3DXMatrixOrthoLH etc. from the DirectX SDK.

If you're using the fixed-function pipeline, you can supply vertex data to Direct3D that is already transformed into screen-space by using a flag such as D3DFVF_XYZW.

There's also Direct2D, but I have no experience of using it myself.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!