• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Brainsaw

Marbles2 - the Race (W.I.P.)

This topic is 3155 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have a new game ready for beta: Marbles 2 - the Race. It can be downloaded from my homepage, there are also some more screenshots than in this post. It is Y.A.G.I.M.M. (yet another game inspired by marble madness ;) ), the second one of these I've done. It uses IrrODE (link at the bottom of the post), my Irrlicht-ODE wrapper, and some code snippets I have posted in the Irrlicht forum. It is a simple little game where you control a marble (either by keyboard or by joystick) and you have to finish the levels as fast as possible (that's why I called it "the race" ;). There is also a two-player mode using splitscreen which can be really funny. There are some things that are not yet finished: - levels. The levels that are already included need some more work, especially things beside the track, and I want to add some more levels - an edit-package. I'll be doing this as soon as possible so that everyone can design own levels. It will be a package of plugin for IrrEdit (can be downloaded from http://www.ambiera.com) and one or two demo levels Testing is not finished as well, but I hope to get some reports by posting here. There is also a little HTML document I call "manual" ;). Not yet finished, but already online (as well as in the download package): the "game manual " 2 videos of the game can be viewed on youtube:
">2 player trailer
">1 player trailer Unfortunately the Taksi software I used to record the video doesn't (yet) record sound, so I added some background music from my band, killing cockroaches (homepage at www.killing-cockroaches.de). Here are some screenshots of the game: Marbles 2 uses my Irrlicht/ODE wrapper: Link the Irrlicht forum I have used the following code-snippets for this project (Links to the Irrlicht forum) irrConfigController shadowManager followPathAnimator

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!