• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
x10z

Draggin Solution - Iphone Development

This topic is 3252 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok guys here's the thing. I'm developing a game for the iphone. In the game, I want the player to play with two fingers, and there's a 3d object (a rope) that resizes, rotates and translates according to the fingers... like a rope that is tied from on finger to the other. I've done all that part of the code , the problem now is that.... when I move my fingers fast around the screen the object is not always UNDER my fingers but more like FOLLOWING my fingers , the faster my moves get the more it is noticed. So I've been reading about this dragging delay a lot in the forums, my case is even harder as you may imagine , I have to rotate\translate\scale the object constantly... are there any advices you can get me ? How would you do it ? Is it possible ? Or is the iphone too slow to handle such thing as keeping up with my fingers ? Thanks in advance

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!