• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
soulmandk

Need Off-the-shelf gaming client

This topic is 3162 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am looking for a platform to integrate our gaming client into. Our gaming client is an anti-cheat and login tool that our users install on their PC so they can connect to our servers and play computer games, it also feeds them with minor information like if they cant login, they where kicked etc and logs all activity through our parser and AC servers. But I am looking into making it more interactive and sexy, so the client also can offer things like a chat room, buddy list, announce events, news and so forth. Any idea where I can find such a codebase, with source code off course, that can be purchased as an off the shelf product and be further developed by ourselves? The client we have today is in C++ and whatever else we have is aspx/.net based. I myself am not a programmer so pardon me if I left out information needed to answer me, just slap me and I will find it :) Hope you can help me out here as a friend of mine told me this would be the place! :)

Advertisement
So what you have right now is a game login client that allows players to login, get status updates, choose one of several different servers and connect to a game? Is the login shared between several different games, or do you mean different servers for the same game?

It works in the way that you signup on our site, download the client, install it, login to the website, go to the server lobby and mark a server and click the "connect" button, when you do that the client starts up on its own, tracks your username, account id, steamID, ip etc. It also ads a maschinetag etc. The connect button only works if you accepted the activeX object in IE or installed the plugin in Firefox.

Then frmo there on its all done through the parser servers, where we gather info about the player and his/her actions.

Right now the client cant do anything but that and we want to build the AC part into a platform where we can have buddylists, so the player can see when his friends are playing, news lists, send notifications when events are stating and so on.

We currently support 18 games, so yes the client both server and anticheat wise supports more games than one.

So technically all we want to do is to get bigger client with all these features to which we can add our client functions and codebase.

Really no one that can help me out with a link, name or anything? Theres got to be plenty of these kind of clients out there, looks like I just dont know how to google then or what to search for...

:)

Quote:
Original post by soulmandk
It works in the way that you signup on our site, download the client, install it, login to the website, go to the server lobby and mark a server and click the "connect" button, when you do that the client starts up on its own, tracks your username, account id, steamID, ip etc. It also ads a maschinetag etc. The connect button only works if you accepted the activeX object in IE or installed the plugin in Firefox.

Is it like XFire?
Or is it like OnLive?

Quote:
Original post by Antheus

Is it like XFire?
Or is it like OnLive?

What do you mean, what we have now? or what we want it to be like?

We want something, as I described, like a pokerclient where we can feed users with information, have them chat, make them read news, see who else is online and updates etc., if that is a combination between Xfire and a pokerclient then yes

-

But basically I am interested IN ALL sorts of client codebases, except for the standard chat clients as we can find that everywhere, we are looking for something more interactive and I know the can be bought out there as a whitelabel, OEM and off-the-shelf codebase, i just cant find it and I though that if anyone would know where to seach it would be in here :)

If I understood correctly you want to buy the code for something like that. Hmm, I don't remember anything like that, sorry. I don't know your budget, however, if you are interested, I can code something like that for you, just send me a private message.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!