• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
disruptive

OpenGL Cannot get opengl running

This topic is 3340 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have recently ported over some code from an old machine. The code uses some opengl routines but I am unable to get opengl working on my ubuntu 9.04 laptop. I have installed the mesa-xxxx libraries and the mesa-utilities but when I go to run my code or glxinfo I get the following error: name of display: :0.0 Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". What could be causing this? I have re-installed mesa and checked for clashes... Thanks

Advertisement
AFAIK the GLX extension is provided by the gfx driver, so I suggest purging your Xorg.conf (if you have one) and reinstalling your drivers.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!