• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EnlightenedOne

DX Diag Issue 2 - Memory Leaks (Resolved)

This topic is 3258 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently switched on the DX Diagnostic tool from the DX Control Panel. When I closed down to make the program go fullscreen into a different resolution I got another error. This issue is moderately important nothing worse than leaking memory apart from crashing a program alltogether! Direct3D9: (INFO) :MemFini! Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Memory still allocated! Alloc count = 894 Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Current Process (pid) = 00001304 I had no idea I was leaking memory through DX is there a way of getting further information about the memory issue? void CloseDirect3D() { if (dxfont != NULL) { dxfont->Release(); } if (d3dspt != NULL) { d3dspt->Release(); } if (d3ddev != NULL) { d3ddev->Release(); } if (d3d != NULL) { d3d->Release(); } return; } I assumed the release process would clear up DX's stuff, all my dynamic memory is carefully deallocated. I use #define _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC to ensure I have no trouble with my code leaking. [Edited by - EnlightenedOne on October 24, 2009 7:10:41 PM]

Advertisement
You can use the debug runtime's control panel to set a break on a particular allocation number. In the case of your last run it was alloc count 894.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!