Buttons like Starcraft?

Started by
10 comments, last by InvalidPointer 14 years, 6 months ago
Somebody knows, how they made it(i mean buttons in ex. server selecting menu)? It isn't "position += 5", it's smthing diffrent. Look on this video, from 20:00: http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=PL&hl=pl&v=r4ijwtGCaRg
Advertisement
I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about (that video is only 7:00 long, so there's no "20:00") but my guess about what you're talking about is that they simply have two different images - an "unclicked" and a "clicked" image.
Wah soz, i mean 0:20 ;F This buttons moving on screen from left and right. How to make it?
You mean, how do they Get The Buttons to move in Fluently from Left to Center, Right to Center?

Just Move the Image a certain Number of Pixels every Frame, untill its in the position you want it.

//Fluid Movmentif(there has be 1 second since last update)   //or Alternative{    //Move the Image x Pixels on the X-Axis   }//Change Text Color on mouseOverif(The Mouse is Over the Image) //use the Rectange and MousePosition{    Draw the Button using a Different Texture}else{    Draw it using the Same Texture}

Oh, I see what you mean, like how they move in and out. Yeah, I'd say it's just position.x +/- 5 or whatever. They slow down as they reach the final location, so they probably just apply a deceleration when it gets close. Some pseudocode (simplified to just one direction, but it'll be same for both directions):

// curr = current position// final = final position (where we want it to end up)// dt = frame time (so 100*dt would result in a movement of 100 pixels per second)float update(int curr, int final, float dt){  int distance = final - curr;  if (abs(distance) > 100) {    // more than 100 pixels, no deceleration    return (100 * (distance / abs(distance)) * dt);  } else {    return distance * dt;  }}
I know, but hmm it's diffrent. U can watch it on video. At start it moveing, but later slow down. But it isnt just Speed -= 5... I think it's some kind of function
Quote:Original post by ShadowDancer90
I know, but hmm it's diffrent. U can watch it on video. At start it moveing, but later slow down. But it isnt just Speed -= 5... I think it's some kind of function
Did you check my pseudocode? They just apply a deceleration when the buttons get close to their desired location.
Ach, sorry we posted in this same time ;D

Thanks for your help! What kind of algorithm is it?
You could also make them decelerate by using a sine function.
I trust exceptions about as far as I can throw them.
I think you're looking for 'ease' functions (ease-in, ease-out, ease-in-ease-out). These are usually simple non-linear mappings over a normalized range. There are different functions you can use for this; here are some examples (copy-and-pasted from my current project):

float EaseIn(float t){    return std::sin((t - 1.0f) * cml::constantsf::pi_over_2()) + 1.0f;}float EaseOut(float t){    return std::sin(t * cml::constantsf::pi_over_2());}float EaseInEaseOut(float t){    return (-std::cos(t * cml::constantsf::pi()) + 1.0f) * 0.5f;}

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement