• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Tiresias

OpenGL problem with 2D zoom

This topic is 3249 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello i have written some code to handle zoom in a 2D game, it is working fine but i noticed that when using some floating scale value, we can see the border of the .png picture i am blitting on the screen (like a white line on the border). For ex if there is no scale (scalefactor=1.0f) its fine of course, if scalefactor=2.3333f (it means this is zoomed OUT) then i see some borders on some png, if scale=3.01 thats fine etc), to do the zoom job i do this before blitting the png: // rect represent the screen surface. rect.x and y =0) glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glLoadIdentity(); glOrtho(rect.x + (rect.w-rect.w*s)/2, // "s" IS THE SCALE (from 0.6f to 3.0f) rect.x + s*rect.w + (rect.w-rect.w*s)/2, rect.y +s*rect.h + (rect.h-rect.h*s)/2, rect.y + (rect.h-rect.h*s)/2, -1, 1); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); glLoadIdentity(); ...BlitPng() It looks like opengl is messy when the scale factor s is set to some values (always the same), please helpppppppp :)

Advertisement
If you're using texture clamping (GL_CLAMP), try using GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE instead. This will prevent the border color from showing up.

Thanks a lot
the answer is not the CLAMP but at least u gave me a clue where to look,

i just changed the 2 MIN and MAP filter algo (changing from LINEAR to NEAREST) and thats it,

here is the 2 lines of code i added before doing the blit:

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);

cheers thanks!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!