• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
steveworks

xna book recomendations

This topic is 3162 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been learning c# for a while hoping to get into c# development with xna 3.0 after getting fed up with the lack of resources for python. I would like to know of any exceptional books on the subject. I have been using what Microsoft supplies for now but it never really having a good book. All help appreciated.

Advertisement
There are a ton of XNA books out there now to choose from.
The ones I got an liked was the Hall book and the Oreilley one.
As long as you already know C# either one will get you up and running pretty quick and easy.
Yeah now that I think about it... the Hall book is a more advanced book if you are starting out since the author uses too much math and moves at a much more rapid pace but it does have alot more variety of games and he does cover how to make a tile editor using Xna which is pretty cool.

[Edited by - daviangel on October 25, 2009 9:04:49 AM]

Quote:
Original post by daviangel
There are a ton of XNA books out there now to choose from.
The ones I got an liked was the Hall book and the Oreilley one.
As long as you already know C# either one will get you up and running pretty quick and easy.

Seconding the O'Reilley book. I just picked it up. Focuses more on the API than game programming, but for some, thats all you really need.

I like the oreilly book and downloaded the e-book but I can't seem to find where I can get the source code. Could someone post a link if they know.

EDIT - Nevermind I found it. Should have thought of using the search function on the pdf earlier.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!