• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EmrldDrgn

Alpha testing/blending

This topic is 3164 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking for a resource on alpha testing, alpha blending, and such. Something that talks about different blending modes, how they work, why they work, what they do. Things like that. I feel like I definitely should know this stuff by now, but I don't, so I'd like to remedy that. Thanks!

Advertisement
Right now I'm using SFML, but it was my impression that the information should transfer. Of course, I'm not qualified to say that, since if I was I wouldn't be asking this. Is that impression wrong?

Hmm I don't know SFML but as far as I can see it is using openGL. Perhaps you can get access directly to the openGL api, and call the
glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA)
glEnable(GL_BLEND)
functions.

this is at least the procedure in pyglet (a python media api) but I don't know if this is usable in SFML.

Otherwise you'll have to dive into the SFML api (or get help from someone else than me)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!