• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
V-man

Iphone SDK

This topic is 3239 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The Iphone SDK is 2.4GB. I haven't downloaded yet but I was wondering why is it so big. It is bigger that some OSes like Win XP. What is in it?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by V-man
What is in it?
The complete developer tools (also available by themselves, as a 700 MB download), which includes the XCode IDE, Interface builder, 3-4 different C and C++ compilers, the system SDKs with all the header files and libs as universal binaries, a host of command line tools, and the list goes on...

Then the rest of the iPhone SDK is the ARM cross-compiler, the various versions of the iPhone SDK each with headers, libs and so forth, the iPhone simulator (several different versions), etc.

I copied the large file (iphone_sdk_3.1.2_with_xcode_3.1.4__leopard__9m2809.dmg) to a DVD but the OSX doesn't see the file. It only see the other files on the disk.
On Windows Vista, I can see the 2.7 GB file.
I burned the disc with Roxio. I just added the file to the disk.

Is the file name too long? This doesn't make any sense. Been trying this for the last 3 days. It could see it when it is on a USB stick but it copies until 2.1GB and then hangs. Sometimes 600MB and then hangs.

//edit - I copied the file to a blank DVD and now it was able to see the file.

[Edited by - V-man on November 7, 2009 2:36:10 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!