• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Liam M

Doxygen, Natural Doc, any others for C++ users?

This topic is 3334 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, Found a similar post but it was pretty old (4 years in fact). I'm looking for some software to semi automate my C++ documentation, I have previously used Doxygen and Natural Doc, but not really keeping up with this field of development I'm not aware of any newer, shinier things. Are there any?

Advertisement
For me, I find doxygen really disturbing. When developers made their own API documented, it's so much better.

I'm planning to write my own documentation for my library when it's getting it's first release. It'll be tough, but well worth it. The better documented your code is, the more use it'll get.
Doxygen documents poorly and it's final hierarchy it displays isn't very convenient I find. It also requires (ugly and space-consuming) java style comments AFAIK (my opinion).

But yes, if you comment your code 'their' way from the beginning, then automatic documentation (aka. display the header file in HTML format...) is really easy.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!