• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
musafir2007

QA Job Interview! help!

This topic is 3162 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'll still try. So I am an 4th engineering student. I have taken a few courses in java and c/c++ so have some knowledge of programming concepts. I recently got an internship interview. The thing is I really really want to get this job because I think I will learn a lot but, looking at the duties.. doesn't look like I know much. Can someone give me a quick way to get some knowledge about writing test scripts and stuff for interview? what does it mean? how do you code it and stuff? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Responsibilities:

Write C-based scripts to simulate virtual application users, Sim tool development
Test set-up and execution
Monitoring
High-level results analysis
Ability to develop java-based tools that simulate various message types on various systems like MQ message simulator
Familiar with UNIX-based / Linux Operating system
Knowledge of Java Virtual Machines - their working, how they are configured for optimal performance

Advertisement
Original post by musafir2007
...because I think I will learn a lot but, looking at the duties.. doesn't look like I know much...quote]

An engineer will spend 4 years in school and come out knowing a lot of "stuff" but is completely unable to accomplish the simplest task. Engineers are not made in school, they are trained. A QA job is a great place to start because you will get to see a lot of good code and lot of bad code, talk to developers about that code, and find bugs in it. QA is a great place to start a development career.

You want advice? Get a haircut and take shower before you go to the interview =) Wear conservative and nice clothes (suit is probably overkill) and listen to the interviewer more then you talk. Have an attitude that you don't know much and you are there to learn and you will do just fine. Often times in internship jobs the amiability of the candidate is the most important factor because no one at that level knows much (you are not going to fool them) and they will be investing a lot of time and energy training you. So you want to appear trainable and professional.

Quote:
Original post by musafir2007
I recently got an internship interview.

This is for internship?

Any single of these points is almost enough to warrant an internship position on its own. A combination of all of these is a Senior position.

For example, internship could be as MQ message simulator programmer.

Well, if you do get such job, make sure to ask for a very nice salary and some bonuses. Or perhaps the floor on the job market really did fall out, and engineers for this type of positions are available for free.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!