• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
KalleDag

[SlimDX] Save XFile?

This topic is 3159 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I've got stuck trying to save a xFile from a mesh using SlimDX. Trying to translate the c++ instructions on http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/x_file_saving.html I have come up with the following: XFile xfile = new XFile(); xfile.RegisterTemplates(XFile.DefaultTemplates); XFileSaveObject xfilesaveobject = xfile.CreateSaveObjec("name.x",CharSet.Auto,XFileFormat.Binary); XFileSaveData xfilesavedata=xfilesaveobject.AddDataObject(?????,"",Guid.Empty ,data); xfilesaveobject.Save(); Asuming data is correctly ordered data from a mesh (as described in the c++ example mentioned above). What should I use for Guid (named ????? above) in the last call to say that i want to add mesh data (like TID_D3DRMMesh in rmxfguid.h, as used with c++)? Since I do not know if this is my only problem, a full example of saving to a xfile from a mesh would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely Kalle

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!