• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BigDaveDev

Atmospheric Scattering as a Post-Process

This topic is 3162 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, I am new to these forums, but not so new to the game development stuff. I have been on the BSc(Honours) Computer Games Technology course at the University of Abertay Dundee in sunny Scotland now for several years and am now working on my honours project. I just wanted to poll your opinion on my research question, just to see what you guys think: "Can atmospheric scattering be implemented efficiently in computer games, with minimal compromise in accuracy?" I will be doing this on the PS3 and am very excited about it. I have been doing post-processing in DirectX9.0c for about a month and it's a very cool topic! So what are your opinions? Let me know! I have a blog as well that is updated (fairly) regularly with small progress reports. It can be found at: http://bigdavedev.com/honours-blog/ I look forward to hearing your comments! Dave

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!