Using Menues

Started by
1 comment, last by KaMiKaZ04 22 years, 8 months ago
hi! i''ve been programming c++ in dos for a while now, and i just started to program win32 console programs with a little help from "tricks of the windows game programming gurus" (awesome book). my compiler (msoft vc++ 6.0) keeps on giving me 3 errors with the following resource script: #include"rcdef.h" TheMenu MENU DISCARDABLE { POPUP "File" { MENUITEM "&Hello", Menu_File_ID_Hello MENUITEM "&PlaySound", Menu_File_ID_PlaySound MENUITEM "Clos&e", Menu_File_ID_Close } POPUP "Help" { MENUITEM "&About", Menu_Help_ID_About } } it says that the line TheMenu MENU DISCARDABLE is missing a semicolon before MENU (!??!), TheMenu is a missing storage type, and unexpected end of file found. can anyone help me with this? thanks, KaMiKaZ04
i want chickeni want livermeow mix meow mixplease deliver!
Advertisement
Sounds like you''re trying to compile it with the C++ Compiler. You should use the resource compiler instead.

It''s called rc.exe
You should use BEGIN/END instead of { and }

#include "rcdef.h"TheMenu MENU DISCARDABLEBEGIN	POPUP "File"	BEGIN		MENUITEM "&Hello",		Menu_File_ID_Hello		MENUITEM "&PlaySound",	Menu_File_ID_PlaySound		MENUITEM "Clos&e",		Menu_File_ID_Close	END	POPUP "Help"	BEGIN		MENUITEM "&About",		Menu_Help_ID_About	END}  

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement