Graphic Design RFQ Template

Started by
2 comments, last by Digital Chaos 14 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. plz direct me if not. I want to write a Graphic Design RFQ Template for my planned game, while doing so without giving out too much(if anything) about my game. Does anyone know how do I write one? What & how should my "shopping list" look like? Is there a ready made Template? Thank you
Advertisement
Not sure if RFQ is "Request for Quote" but this sounds like you need the Business Forum, not Game Design, so I'll move it there.
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
Quote:Original post by Digital Chaos
I want to write a Graphic Design RFQ Template for my planned game, while doing so without giving out too much(if anything) about my game.
Does anyone know how do I write one? What & how should my "shopping list" look like? Is there a ready made Template?
Thank you

The way we normally do this is the following:
1. Identify candidates we'd like to have bid on the project.
2. Contact candidates, determine interest level and availability.
3. Have candidates sign NDA.
4. Now that they've been NDA'd, they can be told about the game in detail. Create a "bid package" (I guess that's a RFQ?).

The bid package must contain:
a. Detailed information about the game.
b. style guide (they have to know if it's cartoony or gothic or future shiny or what).
c. Asset count. How many 2D objects? How many 3D models? How many environments? How many animated characters? etc.
d. Other. Is this to be motion-capture? If so, who's handling the mocap? (For example.) What file formats? What's the asset approval process?
e. What you need in the bid.
f. What format you require the bid to be in.
g. When you need the bid.

5. Answer questions from the candidates while they try to figure out what to bid.
6. Collect bids.
7. Choose best one.
8. Call that candidate, give'em the good news.
9. Get contract started.
10. Call the other candidates, give them the bad news in a nice way, thank them for bidding, hope to work together another project.

So. Now that I've gone and typed all that, I suppose you're going to say none of that works for you? (Now I've gone and turned all cynical.)

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the info.

I Didn't think about signing candidates on NDA - I sent a very general list with the elements I'm planing in each screens but did not go in to gameplay/ characters/story - Good idea for next time :-)

It's surprising but it ain't easy finding someone with relevant experience in mobile design..

So you see, needn't be too cynical :-)

Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement