• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Play Stainless beta! [RTS/TPS combo] + HD trailer

This topic is 3062 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Stainless logo
The Stainless v0.3 beta has been released! Check out the
">HD trailer, then get it here for Windows XP/Vista/7 (167 Mb). System requirements: I recommend a dual-core processor, with a 512 MB graphics card. I haven't yet implemented a graphics options screen, so to degrade the settings, you would have to dig through some config files. Stainless is a strictly multiplayer 3D game that merges the real-time strategy and third person shooter genres. It's LAN-only, but don't worry! If you don't have a friend to play against, try running Stainless-God-Mode instead of Stainless. It's not an "actual" God mode per se, it just spawns a bunch of allied and enemy bots. Good fun. [smile] The beta has three levels, although one of them is a work-in-progress. The fast-paced action mechanics are basically done, but a few important RTS-like features will be added in the November release, and the final release on January 9, 2010. Also note: OS X and Linux are supported, but I don't have access to those OS's at the moment. If you want to, you can download the source release (it includes the assets) and hack your way through the README instructions. The game is open source, using the MIT license. Check out the development blog, or follow me on Twitter to keep up to date! Feedback appreciated!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement