CMake Shared or Static library based on Configuration type

Started by
-1 comments, last by ScEngMan 14 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I'm trying to create a CMake script for a library project (SceneEngine) that needs 4 configurations, two that build the project as static libraries (Release and Debug), and two that builds it as shared libraries (ReleaseDLL and DebugDLL). I also need to add some other projects (executable and shared libraries) that use the SceneEngine libraries. The table below shows how the SceneEngine libraries need to be built and how the other projects use the library: _______________________Debug________________DebugDLL_____________Release_____________ReleaseDLL SceneEngine_______SceneEngine.lib___________SceneEngine.dll________SceneEngine.lib_______SceneEngine.dll ________________________________________SceneEngine_dll.lib_________________________SceneEngine_dll.lib _______________________________________________v_________________________________________v CrackArt_______________________________________exe_______________________________________exe __________________________v_________________________________________v ScEngMax_________________dll________________________________________dll CrackArt.exe uses shared SceneEngine.dll (and links to exported SceneEngine_dll.lib). ScEngMax.dll links to static SceneEngine.lib. [Sorry for the weird looking table] My question is, does anybody know how to define the type of library configured by CMake based on the configuration type? Or does anybody know a good place this information, or a project that does something similar? Thank you Diego
CrackArthttp://www.crackart.orgOpen Source 3D Modeling and Texturing Application

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement