• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
zeeho

64-bit multi-threaded software renderer?

This topic is 3247 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Do you happen to know if there is any 3d software renderer(or game engine) that supports multi-threaded rendering and 64-bit platform(prefer windows platform) as well? I am looking for a open source renderer which I can use it for server-side rendering technology. The application might have huge amount of scene objects with 60GB textures, for which I can't use any gpu-based rendering technology. Advices are welcome!

Advertisement
Given the size of the textures, I'd probably look into a 'proper' renderman compliant renderer.

Not open source, but free to use - 3Delight. Standard prman interface as a bonus.
An open source prman implementation - http://www.renderpixie.com/

I've not used pixie, but I know that 3Delight is pretty good....
Depends whether you need fast render times really, since the above would be geared for film FX quality images....

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!