• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lirenln

A problem about Motion Blur

This topic is 3330 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have realized a Post-Processing MotionBlur,used the ViewProject Matrix of this frame,and last frame.The method is same as the GPU GEMS3 Chapter27.Every pix blur itself according its velocity. Now,the result is the as I expect.when a role run forward,it looks satisfyingly.but when the role yaws,the screen is blur more acutely.I think it is conform to reality. But some one expect another effect.He want that when the role yaws,screen blur more slightly.And when the role run forward ,it keep up current effect.when the role is runnig and yawing the Same time.the yawing affects more slightly than running. I Want to know whether this effect is exist or not. Thank you very much.

Advertisement
It's a little difficult to read your english, but it is not impossible!

You did a pretty good job. Hopefully you will be able to understand my response!

Anyhow...

I think what you are doing is only using the previous frame to draw your blur right?

If so, I think what you want to do is use an "accumulation buffer" instead.

What that means is you do something like every frame you fade / blur your off screen buffer and then add the current frame into it for use in motion blur for next frame.

This way, previous frames persist for more than one frame and slowly fade away, as opposed to only the previous frame being used.

Hope this helps but if you have other questions please ask!

Atrix256, he is storing per-pixel velocity vectors using current frame´s and previous frame´s transforms, not the accumulation buffer. Then he blurs each pixel on the screen using the direction and lenght of the vectors he just stored in a prevoius pass.

lirenln, it´s hard to know if the effect you´ve achieved is correct with just a description. if you could post a video or at least some screenshots we could help you better.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!